Foot soaks are a simple and effective way to release stress. Let’s find out how!
Our feet take us through thousands of steps each day. Yet we force them into tight shoes, pound them on the pavement, and often tend to take care of them less when it comes to self-care.
Studies show that most adults have experienced a foot problem of any sorts. Depending on how long that foot problem lasts, it could potentially impact our overall quality of life and health. If your feet run out of service, your life won’t be the same again.
Our feet are one of the most hard-working parts of the body. They bear our weight and allow us to move around. The feet are also the part of the body which touches different objects and surfaces the most. Through this repeated contact our feet we are exposed to many things, among them toxins.
As reflexology demonstrates, your entire body is represented by and connected to your feet. Therefore, caring for and nurturing your feet can bring health and well-being to all of your limbs and organs. By the way, the same goes for our hands. Since our hands get also access to sensitive part of our bodies, like cavities, we tend to take care more of the hands and keep them clean. On rare occasions we apply the same degree care to our feet.
The US American National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) defines stress as: “how the brain and the body respond to any demand. Any type of challenge – such as performance at work or school, a significant life change, or a traumatic event – can be stressful”.
We all know that stress can affect our health and that stress affects anyone of us.
So, how do we deal with stress? There are many ways to that. One easy and effective way of dealing and releasing stress are foot soaks.
Soaking your feet in a bath of hot water does more than just relax and soothe your body; foot spa soaks also have the power to alleviate symptoms from colds and flu, to abdominal pain and many more.
Ultimate relaxation may be one of the most obvious benefits of foot spa soaks, but research shows that soaking your feet in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes per day can do wonders for your mood, your energy level, your sleeping habits and any aches and pains that affect you.
- Fill a bucket with warm water (35-40 C) to cover your feet up to your ankles.
- Add two to three scoops of Foot Spa Soak to the water.
- Soak your feet in the bucket for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dry thoroughly after the foot soak and then moisturize your feet.
Foot Spa Soak
Our Foot Spa Soak contains a soothing and detoxing blend of wintergreen and peppermint essential oils in this concoction of pink Himalayan and Epsom salts known to provide various benefits such as reduce swelling and prevent bacteria from settling into feet.
The Wintergreen oil is considered nature’s aspirin. It helps with pain and swelling and has a cooling sensation that is particularly pleasurable on tired feet. Peppermint essential oils infused in this soak helps with blood circulation, pain elimination and relaxation, while providing anti-inflammatory and antibacterial functions.
Here are the benefits of our ingredients:
- Pink Himalayan Salt – rich in mineral content, it helps balance your body’s pH levels. When our pH levels are balanced, our bodies have better immunity and are better able to process and digest food. Because of its rich mineral content, Pink Himalayan Salt is said to help regulate cellular water content, balance electrolytes, prevent muscle cramping, improve circulation, and lower blood pressure. Pink Himalayan Salt also helps skin retain moisture, thus improving the skin’s appearance.
- Epsom Salt – it is said that Epsom Salt helps to ease muscle soreness. While some advocates claim that Epsom Salt removes toxins from the body, there is no strong evidence to confirm this. However, the absorption of the magnesium through the skin may boost the levels of the mineral in the body and decrease inflammation.
- Essential Oils – Essential oils can reduce dryness, pain, and provide a cooling sensation to ease achiness.
Soaking and cleansing your feet in hot water reduces inflammation and stimulates circulation, bringing congested blood to the dilated vessels in the feet and lower legs.
Foot soaks containing salts (like Pink Himalayan Salt or Epsom Salt) and minerals have the ability to detox the body by removing salt and harmful toxins from your body and offer several benefits to overall health and wellbeing.
Softens your Feet
Anyone who’s had a pedicure knows that an essential step in the cosmetic process is soaking the feet in warm water. This helps reduce the presence and appearance of typical foot problems like calluses, corns, and dry skin.
If you have sore feet or corns, soaking your feet regularly helps to reduce the pain.
Foot soaks are naturally soothing, and just one foot soak has the power to calm the mind and the body into a state of relaxed bliss. This improves cognitive function, helps boost creativity and work habits, leads to better sleep and improves your overall mood.
Added essential oils can increase these health benefits, leading to ultimate tranquillity and a wholly satisfying way to unwind after a stressful day. Foot baths increase your overall body temperature, which can relieve muscle and mental tension, alleviate stress and increase white blood cell activity. All of this boosts your immune system, which prevents sickness and increases your overall health and well-being.
As there are many ways of releasing stress, I hope this article was able to show you how you can achieve that while enjoying a foot soak.
…and if all benefits of having a foot spa soak may or may not pay off for you, and you ended up only with a pair of wet feet…that fact that you just took a 15-20 minutes break from your stressful and busy daily life bestowed you a short but meaningful portion of high quality You-Time.